We’ve updated the dates for the VA 2013 camp: November 8–9. We’ll have a slate of hotels reserved for attendees, and will post that information soon. The unconference will be the second day, November 9. We’re planning to offer workshops as well, and depending on the number of and interest in those, we may offer them both days. We’ve already got a few workshop ideas in the works:
- Introduction to Git & Github – Eric Rochester
- Teaching Digital Humanities – Jeff McClurken
- 3D Modeling and Printing – Wayne Graham and Jeremy Boggs
- DIY Aerial Photography – Chris Gist
- Data Management for Digital Humanities – Purdom Lindblad and Andi Ogier
If you like these ideas, or if there’s a workshop you’d like to see us organize, please leave a comment! And if you have a workshop you’d like to offer, let us know that too!
We’re also planning to have a track specifically for kids. A few ideas we have for that include:
- Sandbox room/game play room? (minecraft/scratch loaded computers)
- 3D print Minecraft creations e.g. www.printcraft.org/
- Kodoble and Hopscotch are free iPad games aimed at teaching young kids to code
- “Soft circuit” maker materials?
- Board game session. (Something like Forbidden Island or Settlers of Catan? Or have kids create their own board games?)
- GPS Scavenger Hunt
We’d love to hear from folks planning to attend in November. What workshops would you like to attend or do you think would be interesting, for kids’ or adults? Interested in helping out with the kids’ track? Please share in the comments! We’ll formalize the slate of workshops and events for both tracks in September, so you’ve got plenty of time to contribute.